Friday 26 April 2024

 

Wonky Witch

The witch believed that she was being very generous. She had suggested that she could turn all villagers into rats instead of vermin.

“Aren’t rats vermin?” asked a little kid.

“No, they are not,” shouted the witch. She was very angry with the villagers. They had not come out to give her a befitting reception when she arrived there. She had come to that village to meet an old friend.

“Don’t do anything silly, you will regret it,” her friend tried to reason with the witch, “You don’t know but I have……”

“Stop advising me……. you are just a friend……not my wicked mother,” the witch shouted at her friend. “Remember, I never forget an insult and I always punish the person who insults me.”

“You are a wonky witch! Shame on you,” said the little kid.

“Kid, you shouldn’t have said that. Now I won’t be generous……...each one of you will become filthy vermin,” and she started spewing a stream of unintelligible words.

Then she smiled a witchy smile and looked at assembled people.

She was shocked; they were laughing at her. They had turned into vermin.

“I warned you but you didn’t listen to me, now even I can’t help you,” her friend said ruefully.   

The friend picked up a small rat who was looking at her and squeaking frantically.

Her witchcraft had turned the wonky witch into a rat.

******

A post for A to Z April Challenge

Today’s letter W

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment