Tuesday 16 April 2024

 



Natural Death

“I think prima facie it is a case of natural death. Of course, a post mortem will be carried out…... but I tell you…... I have investigated many cases…. natural death, no doubt about it”

Dead man’s father could not believe what he was hearing. He knew his son had been brutally beaten to death.

“How can you say that? Unless….”

“You think I am trying to protect someone?” the police officer glared at the father.

“You should be looking for clues? Every criminal makes a mistake and leaves some……...”

“Every clue will prove that he died a natural death. But you don’t need tell me what I should do.”

Father felt helpless.

“Ok, if you suspect he was beaten to death, who in your opinion could have done it? Do you suspect any one? Did he have a girlfriend?”

“I have no idea,” father said, meekly.

“Or perhaps…... a boyfriend?  Was he queer?” the officer sniggered.

Father felt he was being deliberately humiliated.

Inspector examined the body again but the father could feel that he was just enacting a charade.

Suddenly dead man’s right hand moved and grabbed the inspector’s throat.  

*********

A post for A to Z April Challenge

Today’s letter N

 

 Here are links to my earlier stories

K L M

No comments:

Post a Comment