Friday 26 April 2024

 

Trapped in a Tree

 

 



‘Why did you talk about it to mama? Idiot! Will you never grow up?’ Pinti shouted at Rinku who was just four years old. Pinti was six years older but he was already acting like a teenager.

Rinku was a docile kid but today he was by appalled by Pinti’s outburst.

‘I will tell mama, every time.’ Rinku refused to be cowed down.

Pinti pushed him towards the old tree in the backyard.

‘Do you see that owl?  I trapped him in the tree trunk. If you do not obey me, I will trap you there with the owl.’

 

*********

Word count 100

A post for Friday Fictioneers on a picture post.

 

 

 


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. but nothing like childhood, thanks for reading the post

      Delete
  2. Why do big brothers feel the need to bully their little siblings? Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. big brothers must always establish their authority, thanks for reading it

      Delete
  3. Naughty but a great take on the prompt. From Mike H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical big brother antics. You've got the dynamics of these two down pat. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I.B., you've described a younger siblings' worst nightmare. I'm glad Rinku is standing strong on telling the truth. I wonder what other secrets Pinti expects Rinku to keep :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little Rinku. Big brothers like to have the final word, no matter what. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me wondering if I was like that with my two younger brothers! Nice ne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truth is all elder siblings are like that, thanks

      Delete
  8. Dear Arora,
    Older brothers are good at creating stories to scare their youngers. My brother had a talent for it. Nicely done.
    Shalom,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete