Friday 19 April 2024

 



Quadrangle

“You are free to go anywhere except this quadrangle.”

“Why?”

“It’s for your own good…… you are safe everywhere except this quadrangle because……. I am not sure…... it would be better if you avoid coming here. Rather, I forbid you.”

The girl was not convinced. She felt that the magician was trying to hide something from her.  It had taken her months to convince him that she was serious in her intent; she too wanted to become a great magician like him. He had eventually accepted her as his first apprentice. But, then, he too had an ulterior motive.

She looked intently but she could find nothing odd in that quadrangle. It was completely empty.

“You think there’s nothing here……you are mistaken,” magician smiled maliciously. “There is huge cage right in middle of quadrangle……. but you can’t see it. Five vicious witches that I have trapped are in that cage. They are desperate to escape from their captivity, but they can’t.”

“That’s exactly what I wanted to know……” the girl said.

She looked at the magician wickedly.

She stepped into the quadrangle fearlessly.

*********

A post for A to Z April Challenge

Today’s letter Q

You can read my earlier post here

P

  

 

2 comments:

  1. OH! This is good, now I need to know more. Since my post today was on Witch Queens, I am 100% "Team Witch!"
    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side blog
    2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons, Celebrating 50 Years of D&D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you liked it, thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete