Friday 12 April 2024

 

The Cluttered Table




Whenever I happened to look at the window, I felt that the girl in that room had moved away in a flash and had hidden herself behind the cluttered table.

This feeling, somehow, did not bother me. But one day, as she tried to move away, she let out a loud, painful scream.

I waited for some time, hoping that someone would come to her help.

Her screams were unending and were becoming feeble.

‘I should call an ambulance.......but she needs immediate help…... why can’t I help her?’

I was shocked when I entered her room. It was empty.

*********

Word count 100

A post for Friday Fictioneers on a picture post.

 

21 comments:

  1. I do like a convincing ghost story. A call for help from the past, so disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. will he follow her? who knows? thanks for reading the story

      Delete
  3. That would be a shock. I like how you built up to the ending. I wasn't expecting that empty room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I hope he is not next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i b arora - full of mystery and intrigue - was it a ghost, or an imagination gone wild. Much to ponder with in these few words.

    With smiles, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that a good ghost story is one wherein no ghost appears. thanks for reading the story

      Delete
  6. Good mystery story. I wonder what has become of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even i don't know what happened to her. thanks

      Delete
  7. Maybe when her screams weakened, she was finally allowed to severe the bonds of this earth and her soul was allowed to go home. It would be chilling to hear the screams over so long but open the door to an empty room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps her soul was visiting the scene of that something unspeakable that happened in the past. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ghost or nightmare? Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chilling. I wonder if anyone else can hear the screams... -Angela

    ReplyDelete