Monday 8 April 2024

 


Ghost Runnings

“What should we call this thing?”

“We should call it ‘Ghost Runnings’. Isn’t it a great name?” A ghostly smile appeared on his snow-white lips.

“Ah! I recall that movie, Cool Runnings. Nice! But will they let us participate in Paris? I think everything has already been decided. We are wasting our time, it’s too late now.”

“I will meet the selection committee and try to reason with them.” His voice was as cold as his stare.

“Reason? No, I don’t think reason will work.”

“Then I will make them an offer………...”

“No, don’t do that. I forbid.”

“If they leave me no option, I will. Yes, I will make an offer they can’t refuse.” It was said in a terrifying tone.

“But can we still claim that we are Eelandians?”

“Of course, we can. We were two decorated sailors. They can check the records.”

“Yes, decorated sailors! Decorated posthumously!” he shook his head in dismay.

***********

A post for A to Z April Challenge

Today’s letter G

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite intrigued - ghost runnings would make an interesting addition to the Paris Olympics.
    With smiles, Jenny @ Pearson Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting the blog

    ReplyDelete