Friday 26 October 2018


Just for an idea


How do you like the place?
It’s amazing…but…
I could die ten times…..but I would not leave….
When did you….?
Don’t remember…..perhaps three…four hundred years ago….burnt …at the stake
I never believed in ghosts…all my life.
It is a big shock!
I still can’t believe it.
Hardly matters, now.......
I was certain about everything….almost dead sure. I argued …with everyone…vehemently.
I can imagine. We all were…dead sure. And we suffered…. suffer.
When will it end?
You mean…will it end?
Yes.
Don’t know.
Wish I could have been less sure! It was not worth it.
Yes, it was foolish….getting burnt…. just for an idea.
*****

Word count 103
Post for Friday Fictioneers on a picture prompt.

15 comments:

  1. Some would say there's nothing so much worth getting burnt for as an idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take. I wonder are there some ideas worth dying for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating take on the photo prompt! Well done.

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most interesting take. I dunno that anything would be worth burning for, then again, I have never felt a conviction so very deeply...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing is worth getting burnt for, surely? Even the ghosts aren't a hundred per cent sure they did the right thing. Strong story. Jilly, Sugar on the Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know either... for us that come afterwards those that were burnt really did change the world...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the greatest ideas--freedom, liberty to speak and believe as we choose--live as we choose--have the right to vote, or run for office if we choose---are worth fighting to defend. Preserving all that for my children and their children and children's children--Yes, worth fighting for. Even worth dying for. Burning is a horrible way to die, inflicted on a person who refuses the ideas of those who light the fires. This is a big topic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading the story. but do things really change? its always a different form of tyranny that people suffer.

      Delete
  8. A creative take on the prompt, I enjoyed the dialogue and the questions that were raised are thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giordano Bruno was burnt at stake for an idea that he propagated. i read the story in my school book and it haunted me like anything. the story was titled, an idea that moved the world.

      thanks for commenting

      Delete