Friday 9 November 2018


The Artwork


Grandpa, do trees feel pain?
Well, I ain’t sure…..
But I read somewhere…. heard someone say…yes, I am sure I heard someone say that plants grow faster if you play music near them.
Perhaps…..
Then they must feel something…..if they can hear….feel music.
Perhaps……
Don’t you think this tree would have suffered? 
But it’s a dead tree.
How do we know? The roots are still inside the earth. The roots can still……
Don’t think weird thoughts. Just enjoy the beauty of the artwork. This the hundredth artwork that he has created…. marvelous, isn’t it?
Butchered…….
The grandpa was left speechless.
*****
Word count 100
A post for Friday Fictioneers on a picture prompt.   

13 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'm not with the Grandpa here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Differing views - they will have to agree to disagree I think.

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kid in his innocence is asking questions that grandpa with all his experience cannot answer. Well someone has to shut up, usually it is the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouths of babes...
    And yep. They'll have to agree to disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Arora

    Grandpa and the kid have very different viewpoints, don't they? Nicely done through dialogue.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a generation gap here I think... maybe trees can feel pain?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literary device used here (personification) to very good effect. Poor tree.

    ReplyDelete